We are looking for a Junior Wireless System Engineer to join the Pharrowtech team!
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for building and characterizing an RF Wireless link using Test & Measurement instrumentation and our RF transceiver solutions. This role is responsible for evaluating wireless link performance and helping to make improvements.
- Design and configure different experiments to evaluate/benchmark functionality and performance of wireless (RF) chipset and associated constituents.
- Work with Test & Measurement Equipment (Signal Generators, Scopes, RF up/down Converters, Software Analysis tools), PCBs, and other Lab equipment.
- Propose, plan, and execute experiments to confirm desired functionality and performance.
- Make recommendations for alternative functions and configurations to improve overall system-level performance and behaviour.
- Write scripts and automation tools for Test Equipment and related toolchain.
- Write documents and design notes;.
The successful candidate must have genuine interest in Wireless Communications and Networking.
Following requirements are a must:
- Educated to degree level in scientific, mathematical, or engineering subjects;
- Problem-solver, versatile, proactive and self-motivated with good interpersonal and social skills.
Following qualifications will make you stand out:
- Working knowledge of Linux OS and experience writing scripts and routines in Linux
- Programming experience in C/C++ and Python
- Familiarity of working with Test equipment from vendors such as Keysight, Rohde & Schwarz and National Instruments
- Experience and experimentation with Raspberry Pi, Arduino or similar
- Competent at writing and presenting technical content
- Working knowledge of Wi-Fi protocols and products
Pharrowtech is a fabless semiconductor company headquartered in the dynamic city of Leuven, Belgium. We have teams in Reading (UK), San José (USA) and Taipei (Taiwan).
Pharrowtech designs semiconductors, phased antenna arrays and software solutions for fast growing markets including broadband 5G Fixed Wireless Access (FWA), consumer electronic (CE) products such as virtual reality (VR) headsets and TVs, as well as smart city applications. We pave the way towards integrating mmWave into Wi-Fi 8 and beyond.
We look for talented and enthusiastic new members to join our growing multinational team. We offer a challenging job in a flexible work environment and an attractive compensation package. Pharrowtech is an equal opportunity employer. We look for candidates who best combine technical skills with deep-rooted team spirit, regardless of race, gender, religion or any other factor not relevant for the job.
Leuven is an international city in the Flemish part of Belgium, serving as an innovation hub and hosting the highly ranked KU Leuven University, the world-leading R&D center imec and several other companies and startups.