We are looking for a Software Quality Engineer who:
- Has a drive towards excellence in software quality for the development workflow of top-notch communication systems;
- Wants to make a positive impact and become a critical success factor within a vibrant and talented start-up;
- Enjoys working on software for complex high-speed wireless systems, with state-of-the-art IEEE 802.11ad/ay, 5G NR mmWave RFIC, antenna array & lab equipment;
- Takes pride in contributing to product development based on Pharrowtech’s state-of-the-art proprietary ICs to meet challenging customer requirements.
The Software Quality Engineer will support the software development activities related to test framework and embedded system engineering for Pharrowtech’s wireless solutions. This position contributes to the completion of milestones associated with embedded soft- and firmware engineering projects within the context of quality control.
As an expert in software engineering, you will:
- Create SW test plans, test cases, and automation for new features and enhancements to existing features;
- Develop automated testing systems using commercial tools, scripts and data sets in a continuous integration environment;
- Manage internal and external software releases including documentation and version tracking
- Work with Operations team to investigate production SW support issues and perform root cause analysis;
- Provide and analyze test data to drafts of validation report;
- Participate in all aspects of SW testing, including functional and system testing;
- Develop and implement a methodology around Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD);
- Provide mentoring and training to other team members in best practices and methods for software development, test and release.
The successful candidate has a proven industry track record with a diligent approach to firmware and embedded software development and validation with knowledge of embedded system design.
Following requirements and skills are a must:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with five or more years of experience in software engineering;
- Experience with writing and executing test plans at different levels (unit, functional, integration, system load and performance testing);
- Experience using custom or commercial software- and system-level automated testing frameworks;
- Advanced knowledge of Python, C, Linux/Unix scripting, coding and testing;
- Ability to perform a variety of duties in a start-up environment, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure;
- Good English verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
Following qualifications will make you stand out:
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with three or more years of experience in software engineering;
- Proven experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD);
- Adapt at working in an Agile software development environment;
- Experience working with wireless systems;
- Experience in millimeter-wave applications;
- Experience in implementation and test of beamforming systems.
Pharrowtech is a fabless semiconductor company headquartered in the dynamic city of Leuven, Belgium. We have teams in Reading (UK), San José (USA) and Taipei (Taiwan).
Pharrowtech designs semiconductors, phased antenna arrays and software solutions for fast growing markets including broadband 5G Fixed Wireless Access (FWA), consumer electronic (CE) products such as virtual reality (VR) headsets and TVs, as well as smart city applications. We pave the way towards integrating mmWave into Wi-Fi 8 and beyond.
We look for talented and enthusiastic new members to join our growing multinational team. We offer a challenging job in a flexible work environment and an attractive compensation package. Pharrowtech is an equal opportunity employer. We look for candidates who best combine technical skills with deep-rooted team spirit, regardless of race, gender, religion or any other factor not relevant for the job.
Leuven is an international city in the Flemish part of Belgium, serving as an innovation hub and hosting the highly ranked KU Leuven University, the world-leading R&D center imec and several other companies and startups.