Application Engineer – Leuven (B)
This position is responsible for providing advanced technical support to Pharrowtech’s (PHT) customers and partners WW. The candidate will be required to interface with PHT’s customers or partners, along with the FAE team to support mmWave RF design activities as well as SW driver integration. The candidate will be required to fully understand, review and recommend any improvements to existing customer designs. The candidate must be able to represent all aspects of PHT’s technology, such as qualitative and quantitative product positioning.
In addition, the candidate will own customer/partner product customization requests, such as different EVB sizes or connectivity requirements.
This position reports into the Product Management organization.
As a AE, you will take full ownership of:
- Design customization and advanced technical support to customers and partners for potential design-in opportunities and design wins.
- Closely collaborate with FAE to round-up and deliver a smooth 1-2 front line customer support experience
- Provide a second line of technical support to a variety of customers & partners via phone, email, conf calls, as well as occasional face-to-face customer visits
- Customer support related tasks include, but not are not limited to test setups, drafting supporting documents (application notes, test reports, …) and writing python scrips to facilitate customer test requirements.
- Assist Product Engineering & Quality teams with customer’s RMA and associated investigations
- Exercise excellent business judgment to determine additional support as needed or escalation as required
- Work as a collaborative and professional team member in cross-functional situations with R&D, Sales, Product Management, FAE, Operations, and Marketing
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements and qualifications.
Requirements are a must:
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with an emphasis in RF, and 8+ years of relevant experience in design and/or test or as a sales/AE/FAE engineer in the RF space
- Must have experience in RF and mmW active components and able to quickly come up to speed on technical aspects of similar products
- Must be familiar with various mmWave bench test equipment (spectrum analyzer, AWG, oscilloscope, power meter and DC measurement tools)
- Must have embedded hw/sw experience: real-time low-level programming (C), Python scripting, microcontrollers, peripherals and standard interfaces (spi, i2c, …).
- Experience in a customer-facing role in a sales or support environment required
- Excellent business communication skills and solid presentation skills
- Ability to travel to customer sites WW and resolve issues independently
Qualifications will make you stand out:
- MS degree +5 years relevant experience
- mmWave measurements test methodologies is a big plus
- System-level understanding of mmWave wireless links is a big plus
- PCB design and rework is a plus.
- Attention to detail & quality; striving for continuous improvements
- Ability to work strategically & tactically with fluidity, little direction, & ambiguity
- Team Leadership
- Set high standards,
- Lead by example,
- Transparent and accountable
- Humble yet confident
Pharrowtech is a recent spin-off from the R&D center imec, headquartered in the dynamic
city of Leuven, Belgium. We design chip and antenna technology for next-generation
wireless systems in fixed internet access, VR/AR and ultra-high capacity links. Further
information on Pharrowtech can be found at pharrowtech.com.
We are currently looking for talented and enthusiastic new members to join our growing
multinational team. We offer a challenging job in a flexible work environment and an
attractive compensation package. Pharrowtech is an equal opportunity employer. We are
looking for candidates who best combine technical skills with deep-rooted team spirit,
regardless of race, gender, religion or any other factor not relevant for the job.
Leuven is an international city in the Flemish part of Belgium, serving as an innovation hub
and hosting the highly ranked KU Leuven University, the world-leading R&D center imec and
several other companies and startups.
Philipssite 5-A, Bus 32
This website is developed with the support of:
How to get to Pharrowtech?
Events & News