IT Support Specialist – Leuven (B)
We are looking for a highly capable IT Support Specialist to provide technical assistance related to Windows and Linux environments to our staff and ensure our IT systems are kept up to date and secure. In this role, your duties will include ensuring optimal use of our hardware and software technologies, adding and maintaining new software installations, enhancing system performance, and securing data. You will also be required to advise on IT equipment upgrades and software tool additions.
To ensure success as an IT Support Specialist, you should possess relevant experience in managing hardware and software and providing support in a fast-paced environment.
Consulting with department leads to understand requirements and meet our business needs on short and long term. Providing daily IT assistance to staff, resolving support tickets in a timely manner.
Training end-users on hardware functionality and software programs.
Monitoring hardware, software, and system performance metrics and propose improvements as needed.
Updating computer software. as well as upgrading hardware and systems.
Maintaining databases and ensuring system security.
Documenting processes and performing diagnostic tests.
Keeping track of technological advancements and trends in IT support.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or similar through experience.
- 3-5 years of experience as an IT support specialist.
- Experience as administrator of Microsoft Azure/Sharepoint/O365 and as Linux System Administrator
- Exceptional ability to provide technical support and resolve queries.
- Willingness to learn about new hardware and software technologies on the job.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software, system security and networks.
- Experience in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Following qualifications will make you stand out:
- Experience with specialty software from vendors such as Cadence, Ansys, Mathworks, etc.
- Experience in version control software setup such as svn, git.
- Experience with multi-site IT infrastructure and Cloud Computing environments.
- Experience in wiki software setup
- Experience with Linux shell scripting for automation of admin tasks
- Ability to determine IT needs and train end-users
Philipssite 5-A, Bus 32
This website is developed with the support of:
How to get to Pharrowtech?
Events & News