Layer-2 Embedded Software Engineer – Leuven (B) or Thames Valley (UK)
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with at least 5 years’ commercial experience. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for delivering the Layer-2 (MAC) solution for Wireless Networks.
Primarily, this role shall be responsible for,
- Designing and implementing (real-time) wireless networking protocols
- Benchmarking candidate CPU and MCU platforms
- Developing automated test routines (scripts, batch jobs) to help evaluate performance
- Performing run-time benchmarks and exploring options for exploration including bespoke hardware acceleration, code optimization and instruction scheduling
- Helping architect the MAC layer solution, incl. Hardware/Software partitioning
- Writing documents and design notes; communicating and discussing progress
The successful candidate must have genuine interest in Wireless Communications and Networking. They are expected to be a team player; one who is versatile, proactive and self-motivated with good inter-personal and social skills.
Following requirements are a must:
- Educated to degree level in scientific, mathematical, or engineering subjects
- Working knowledge of Linux OS, RTOS (e.g., FreeRTOS)
- Experience in Embedded Programming in C, C++, Python and Assembly
- Software development experience with embedded CPUs and MCUs e.g., ARM, MIPS, Intel, RISC-V and respective SDKs
- Working knowledge of common wireless communications such as WiFi, NB-IoT, Bluetooth, WiMAX, 4G-LTE, 5G
- Competent at writing and presenting technical content
- Proficient in MS Office tools, i.e., Word, Excel, Power-point, Outlook etc
Following qualifications will make you stand out:
- Prior experience designing real-time MAC (Layer-2) solutions for a Wireless System
- In-depth knowledge of implementing WiFi Protocols and partitioning of constituent functionality into Upper and Lower MAC
- Full lifecycle software development including regression testing, bug-tracking, and release management
Pharrowtech is a recent spin-off from the R&D center imec, headquartered in the dynamic
city of Leuven, Belgium. We design chip and antenna technology for next-generation
wireless systems in fixed internet access, VR/AR and ultra-high capacity links. Further
information on Pharrowtech can be found at pharrowtech.com.
We are currently looking for talented and enthusiastic new members to join our growing
multinational team. We offer a challenging job in a flexible work environment and an
attractive compensation package. Pharrowtech is an equal opportunity employer. We are
looking for candidates who best combine technical skills with deep-rooted team spirit,
regardless of race, gender, religion or any other factor not relevant for the job.
Leuven is an international city in the Flemish part of Belgium, serving as an innovation hub
and hosting the highly ranked KU Leuven University, the world-leading R&D center imec and
several other companies and startups.
Philipssite 5-A, Bus 32
This website is developed with the support of:
How to get to Pharrowtech?
Events & News