Lead Characterization Engineer – Leuven (B)
You are a senior expert in silicon RF validation and characterization with a proven track record. You have a solid expertise in RF circuits measurement and validation as well as software automation for characterization. You will work closely with RFIC designers, module designers and system level experts in a truly multi-disciplinary team. You lead the measurement activities as a project and drive planning and execution towards ambitious milestones.
We are looking for a Lead Characterization Engineer to
- drive all activities around radio IC and antenna module measurement campaigns of our millimeter wave wireless product;
- organize, safeguard and validate the test flow both in-house and with external partners;
- plan and follow-up on measurement automation scripting activities;
- review and safeguard quality of measurement setups in the framework of a validation and characterization campaign;
- contribute to measurement activities as needed in a project team lead capacity;
- contribute to product interface specification
The successful candidate has a proven industry track record with a multidisciplinary approach to electronic system measurement, validation and characterization with in-depth knowledge of lab equipment, measurement setup design and strong project management skills.
Following requirements are a must, candidates must tick all boxes to be considered:
- degree in Electrical Engineering or similar, with at least 5 years of industrial experience in electronic system measurement, characterization and validation;
- hands-on experience in RF lab measurement and debug of wireless radio systems;
- experience in (RF)IC silicon debug, validation and characterization;
- expert user of lab equipment used for RF characterization;
- attention to detail and problem-solving approach;
- experience in project management in a validation and characterization context;
- ability to create realistic planning for measurement campaigns
- ability to maximize results within the constraints of available resources (time, things, people);
- ability to clearly communicate results to internal and external data customers;
- ability to delegate and prioritize tasks among project team members.
Following qualifications will make you stand out:
- experience in millimeter-wave circuit measurement;
- experience in a people leadership capacity;
- experience with software (e.g., Matlab, Python, …) for measurement automation;
- experience in validation of beamforming systems;
- understanding of PCB design, production, assembly and testing flow.
Pharrowtech is a recent spin-off from the R&D center imec, headquartered in the dynamic
city of Leuven, Belgium. We design chip and antenna technology for next-generation
wireless systems in fixed internet access, VR/AR and ultra-high capacity links. Further
information on Pharrowtech can be found at pharrowtech.com.
We are currently looking for talented and enthusiastic new members to join our growing
multinational team. We offer a challenging job in a flexible work environment and an
attractive compensation package. Pharrowtech is an equal opportunity employer. We are
looking for candidates who best combine technical skills with deep-rooted team spirit,
regardless of race, gender, religion or any other factor not relevant for the job.
Leuven is an international city in the Flemish part of Belgium, serving as an innovation hub
and hosting the highly ranked KU Leuven University, the world-leading R&D center imec and
several other companies and startups.
Philipssite 5-A, Bus 32
This website is developed with the support of:
How to get to Pharrowtech?
Events & News