MAC Design Engineer – Leuven (B) or Thames Valley (UK)
We are looking for a suitably skilled engineer to help develop Wireless Networking solutions for applications such as AR/VR, FWA and TSN. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for designing Wireless Network Protocols and associated functions and routines.
Primarily, this role shall be responsible for
- Modelling well-known Wireless Access protocols (e.g., 3GPP, 802.11) in C/C++ and Python, and run simulations to quantify performance
- Implementing synthetic traffic models for real-time and non-real-time data
- Developing extensions and bespoke functions to augment baseline protocols to better requirements
- Producing Message Sequence Charts, State-Machines and Timing diagrams
- Identifying potential limitations in candidate protocols and proposing mitigations
- Writing documents and design notes; communicating and discussing progress
The successful candidate must have genuine interest in Wireless Communications and Networking. They are expected to be a team player; one who is versatile, proactive and self-motivated with good inter-personal and social skills.
Following requirements are a must:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with relevant background
- Proven competency in writing efficient code in C/C++, Python and/or Matlab
- Proficiency at writing, debugging and executing code in Linux environment, including shell scripting and job schedule management
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools (Git, Mercurial, SVN), defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Competence in writing and presenting technical content
- Proficiency in MS Office tools, i.e., Word, Excel, Power-point, Outlook etc
Following qualifications will make you stand out:
- Sc or Ph.D in Wireless Communications or Networking Protocols
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of 802.11 (WiFi) or 3GPP (4G, 5G)
- Prior experience in C++ libraries such as Boost, Asio, OMNeT++, ns3 and others
Pharrowtech is a recent spin-off from the R&D center imec, headquartered in the dynamic
city of Leuven, Belgium. We design chip and antenna technology for next-generation
wireless systems in fixed internet access, VR/AR and ultra-high capacity links. Further
information on Pharrowtech can be found at pharrowtech.com.
We are currently looking for talented and enthusiastic new members to join our growing
multinational team. We offer a challenging job in a flexible work environment and an
attractive compensation package. Pharrowtech is an equal opportunity employer. We are
looking for candidates who best combine technical skills with deep-rooted team spirit,
regardless of race, gender, religion or any other factor not relevant for the job.
Leuven is an international city in the Flemish part of Belgium, serving as an innovation hub
and hosting the highly ranked KU Leuven University, the world-leading R&D center imec and
several other companies and startups.
Philipssite 5-A, Bus 32
This website is developed with the support of:
How to get to Pharrowtech?
Events & News