PCB Design Engineer – Leuven (B), Thames Valley (UK)
To support our new product introduction process, we are looking for a colleague to design the PCBs used for lab benches, and product qualification and customer applications.
The position is open for our headquarters in Leuven, Belgium and our office in the UK, Thames Valley
Own the PCB development from design towards release for internal and external customers.
- Design of schematics and layout of printed circuit boards used in lab test benches, production load boards, probe cards, and product qualification tests, and application reference designs used for product evaluation by customers.
- Coordinate the relation with board suppliers, and assembly partners. Assure lead times, quality and workmanship provided by our hardware partners meet project requirements.
- Manage selection and sourcing of components used in hardware designs.
- Provide and implement release procedure for commissioning of PCB hardware to validate the design specifications.
Education level: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in printed circuit board design for digital, analogue or RF devices.
- Extensive experience with board design tools like Altium and Allegro.
- Thorough understanding of electrical and mechanical design rules to enable robust designs.
- Strong focus on providing a first-time-right solution: understand your role is key in achieving seamless execution of production bring-ups and timely availability of lab set-ups.
- Well-organized to deal with multiple board and BOM versions, combined with flexibility to handle changes towards availability of components.
What makes you stand-out
- Track-record of releasing board designs for small scale production.
- Experience in high-speed digital and RF layout.
- Experience in simulating board performance.
- Understanding design rules for reliability test and production test boards.
- Exposure to mechanical design tools like SolidWorks, AutoCAD is considered a pre.
Pharrowtech is a recent spin-off from the R&D center imec, headquartered in the dynamic
city of Leuven, Belgium. We design chip and antenna technology for next-generation
wireless systems in fixed internet access, VR/AR and ultra-high capacity links. Further
information on Pharrowtech can be found at pharrowtech.com.
We are currently looking for talented and enthusiastic new members to join our growing
multinational team. We offer a challenging job in a flexible work environment and an
attractive compensation package. Pharrowtech is an equal opportunity employer. We are
looking for candidates who best combine technical skills with deep-rooted team spirit,
regardless of race, gender, religion or any other factor not relevant for the job.
Leuven is an international city in the Flemish part of Belgium, serving as an innovation hub
and hosting the highly ranked KU Leuven University, the world-leading R&D center imec and
several other companies and startups.
Philipssite 5-A, Bus 32
This website is developed with the support of:
How to get to Pharrowtech?
Events & News