RF Application Engineer
This position is responsible for providing advanced technical support for Pharrowtech’s mmWaves RFIC transceiver products. The candidate will interface with Pharrowtech’s customers and partners, along with the field application engineering (FAE) team to support mmWave design activities as well as RFIC SW driver integration with BBIC. The candidate will fully understand, review and recommend any improvements to existing customer designs. The candidate will represent all aspects of Pharrowtech’s technology, including qualitative and quantitative product positioning.
In addition, the candidate will own customer/partner product customization requests, such as specific PCB form factors or connectivity requirements.
This position is part of the Product Management organization.
As an AE, you will take full ownership of:
- Design customization and advanced technical support to customers and partners of Pharrowtech’s mmWave RFIC transceiver products.
- Train and support our FAE team to ensure an optimal customer support experience
- Provide a second line of technical support to a variety of customers & partners via phone, email, conf calls, as well as occasional face-to-face customer visits
- Customer support related tasks include
- debugging test setups,
- writing python scripts to facilitate customer test requirements,
- reviewing customer designs’ schematics and layouts,
- drafting, releasing & maintaining product collateral such as application notes, test reports, data sheets, API programming guides, …
- Exercise excellent technical understanding and business judgment to determine additional support as needed or escalation as required
- Work as a collaborative and professional team member in cross-functional situations with
- R&D for SW release testing,
- Sales/FAE/Marketing for Customer support, tradeshow support, customer demos.
- Product Management for Product collateral, customizations, SW release management, competitive benchmarking
- Operations for Help with RMA investigations
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements and qualifications.
Requirements are a must:
- Must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering with an emphasis in RF, and 5+ years of relevant experience in design and/or test or as a sales/AE/FAE engineer in the RF space.
- Must have experience with integrated radio designs (RF/mmW) and be able to quickly come up to speed on technical aspects of similar products.
- Must be familiar with mmWave bench test equipment (spectrum analyzer, AWG, oscilloscope, power meter and DC measurement tools)
- Must have embedded hw/sw experience: real-time low-level programming (C), Python scripting, microcontrollers, peripherals, and standard interfaces (SPI, i2c, …).
- Must have hands-on experience with PCB design and rework.
- Experience in a customer-facing role in a technical sales or support environment is required.
- Attention to detail & quality; striving for continuous improvements.
- Excellent business communication skills and solid presentation skills
- Willing and able to work from Pharrowtech’s HQ in Belgium, with the ability to travel to customer sites worldwide occasionally.
Qualifications will make you stand out:
- MS degree +4 years relevant experience
- mmWave measurements test methodologies
- System-level understanding of mmWave wireless links
- Ability to work strategically & tactically with fluidity, little direction, & ambiguity
- Team Leadership
- Set high standards,
- Lead by example,
- Transparent and accountable
- Humble yet confident
Pharrowtech is a recent spin-off from the R&D center imec, headquartered in the dynamic
city of Leuven, Belgium. We design chip and antenna technology for next-generation
wireless systems in fixed internet access, VR/AR and ultra-high capacity links. Further
information on Pharrowtech can be found at www.pharrowtech.com.
We are currently looking for talented and enthusiastic new members to join our growing
multinational team. We offer a challenging job in a flexible work environment and an
attractive compensation package. Pharrowtech is an equal opportunity employer. We are
looking for candidates who best combine technical skills with deep-rooted team spirit,
regardless of race, gender, religion or any other factor not relevant for the job.
Leuven is an international city in the Flemish part of Belgium, serving as an innovation hub
and hosting the highly ranked KU Leuven University, the world-leading R&D center imec and
several other companies and startups.
Verbrande Poort 8,
This website is developed with the support of:
How to get to Pharrowtech?
Events & News