Senior RF System Engineer
We are looking for a Senior RF System Lead Engineer to take responsibility of all system level tasks from IC specification till the end of the characterization phase of a high-volume mm-wave transceiver and phased array IC product line.
You are an RF System Engineer who will take full ownership of these tasks:
- Owner of IC specification & compliance – Translate customer radio requirements to IC top level and block level requirements by using link budget calculations and line-up cascade calculations; define IC compliance table; help negotiate requirement tradeoffs between stakeholders
- Define circuit simulation and lab test scenarios to show compliance to customer spec
- Collaborate with IC architect to define transceiver and phased-array architectures from baseband to mm-Wave, including provisions for calibration and production test (define analog/RF and digital DFT requirements)
- Define measurement and characterization campaign together with Test lead and help implement in collaboration with the Test & Hardware Engineering Teams
The successful candidate will have a proven industry track record with broad expertise in RF system design and lab testing for consumer product RFICs or SoCs with RF on board.
Following requirements are a must:
- Industrial experience working on high-volume RFIC products in CMOS or BiCMOS
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 10 years’ experience
- Extensive experience with link budget and line-up cascade partitioning and calculations (Excel, Matlab, ADS, …)
- Expert in RF lab test procedures and measurements of complex (RF)ICs
- Experience with RF/mm-wave PCB design and layout
- Familiar with RF system software tools/languages such as Altium, ADS, Matlab, Python, …
Following qualifications will make you stand out:
- Experience scoping out system and IC calibration needs and defining calibration methodologies compatible with low total BOM cost
- Experience with 60GHz mm-wave radio systems, phased arrays, CMOS RFICs
- Experience debugging spur and clock interference issues on complex RF-SoCs
- Experience testing high-speed mixed signal circuits as ADC/DAC, PLL, SERDES, …
Pharrowtech is a recent spin-off form the R&D center imec, headquartered in the dynamic
city of Leuven, Belgium. We design chip and antenna technology for next-generation
wireless systems in fixed internet access, VR/AR and ultra-high capacity links. Further
information on Pharrowtech can be found at www.pharrowtech.com.
We are currently looking for talented and enthusiastic new members to join our growing
multinational team. We offer a challenging job in a flexible work environment and an
attractive compensation package. Pharrowtech is an equal opportunity employer. We are
looking for candidates who best combine technical skills with deep-rooted team spirit,
regardless of race, gender, religion or any other factor not relevant for the job.
Leuven is an international city in the Flemish part of Belgium, serving as an innovation hub
and hosting the highly ranked KU Leuven University, the world-leading R&D center imec and
several other companies and startups.
Verbrande Poort 8,
This website is developed with the support of:
Events & News