We are looking for an Embedded System Engineer who:
- Wants to make a positive impact and become a critical success factor within a vibrant and talented start-up;
- Enjoys working on complex high-speed wireless systems, with state-of-the-art IEEE 802.11ad/ay and 5G NR mmWave RFIC, antenna array & lab equipment;
- Takes pride in developing from the ground up a system based on Pharrowtech’ s unique state-of-the-art proprietary RFIC to meet challenging customer requirements.
As an expert in embedded system development, you will:
- Contribute to the design of new wireless platforms showcasing the performances of our custom RFIC;
- Take ownership of the design of evaluation kits as well as internal characterization boards including manufacturing and assembly steps;
- Contribute to the firmware development to operate the radio at peak performance;
- Ensure proper debugging and validation of those platforms.
The successful candidate has a proven industry track record with a multidisciplinary approach to electronic system prototyping and validation with knowledge of embedded system design.
Following requirements are a must:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 3-5 years of industrial experience in electronic system design and implementation;
- Solid expertise in prototyping complex electronic systems;
- Experience in firmware design with ARM A- and M-family CPUs and STM32 microcontrollers;
- Advanced software knowledge of Python and C/C++;
- Familiar with bench debugging and validation;
- Test plan redaction and follow-up,
- Hands-on lab experience with oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal sources, …
- Familiar with USART/SPI/I2C/PCIe communication protocols;
- Dynamic team player with good communication skills.
- Familiar with networking protocols (TCP/UDP/IP, switching and routing protocols).
Following qualifications will make you stand out:
- Hands-on knowledge in PCB design chain including circuit block level design, schematic design, layout, manufacturing and assembly;
- Experience working with wireless systems (Wi-Fi, LTE, 5G);
- Experience in millimeter-wave applications;
- Experience in implementation and testing of beamforming systems;
- Experience with hands-on board debug and rework;
- Knowledge of software development and driver design on embedded Linux platform.
Pharrowtech is a fabless semiconductor company headquartered in the dynamic city of Leuven, Belgium. We have teams in Reading (UK), San José (USA) and Taipei (Taiwan).
Pharrowtech designs semiconductors, phased antenna arrays and software solutions for fast growing markets including broadband 5G Fixed Wireless Access (FWA), consumer electronic (CE) products such as virtual reality (VR) headsets and TVs, as well as smart city applications. We pave the way towards integrating mmWave into Wi-Fi 8 and beyond.
We look for talented and enthusiastic new members to join our growing multinational team. We offer a challenging job in a flexible work environment and an attractive compensation package. Pharrowtech is an equal opportunity employer. We look for candidates who best combine technical skills with deep-rooted team spirit, regardless of race, gender, religion or any other factor not relevant for the job.
Leuven is an international city in the Flemish part of Belgium, serving as an innovation hub and hosting the highly ranked KU Leuven University, the world-leading R&D center imec and several other companies and startups.